Can medical cannabis help me?
The short answer is yes, it can.The NYS MM program can get you access to medical cannabis for problems like
- chronic pain including back pain, migraines, fibromyalgia, dysmenorrhea, arthritis, neuropathy, lupus, fibromyalgia
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease
- and many other conditions (here's a LINK to the NYS med marijuana site)
We have seen over 3,000 patients in NYS and our results include...
- over 2/3 of chronic pain patients get good or better relief
- over 4/5 PTSD patients have a big decrease in their PTSD symptoms
Medical cannabis can be very effective, but you have to work with us to make it work for you!
So how do we do this together?
You can have your first appointment with us either in our office in Liverpool NY or we can do this on your smartphone.
In order to schedule your first appointment we need you to
- Complete the New Patient History Form
- Send us a signed progress note from a visit to your primary care provider within the past year (our fax is: 315 637 7907 ). This note must document your condition and contain your medical history including conditions, medications, and allergies.
- Meet the requirements for the NYS MMP (proof of NYS residence: drivers license, utility bill)
- Go to the my.gov.ny website and sign up as a NYS resident , write down and bring your username and password!
We then make sure that you qualify for the NYS MMP and that it would be safe to recommend medical cannabis for you.
What sorts of conditions make it unsafe for us to recommend medical cannabis to you?
- Active heart disease with angina
- Chest pain that requires nitroglycerine
- Being on blood thinners like coumadin, Plavix, Eliquis and others
- A history of ITP, a bleeding disorder
- A history of schizophrenia
- A history of bipolar (we need a note from your psychiatrist saying that your bipolar is stable and that you are keeping your psychiatric appointments)
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you have a seizure disorder we need a note that your seizures are well controlled
What are the costs for our services?
We will see you as a new patient, then at a 3 month followup. That's all for the first year. We then renew your certification at one year and see you every six months after that. The costs are:
- New patient visit: $149
- Followup visits: $49.99
- Annual renewal: $99
Remember that this is all out of pocket: we take cash ( $20 bills or smaller), credit or debit cards. Due to Federal Government rules, insurance companies in NY State are not paying for our office visit or your medical cannabis. If you are a vet, ask us about our veterans discounts.
What do you get at your New patient visit?
We will see you, develop a plan for treating your problems with medical cannabis, and certify you for the NYS MM program. You can usually download a temporary NYS MMP card right away.
With your NYS MMP card and our recommendation, you can go to a dispensary and get your medical cannabis that same day.
What medical cannabis is available in NYS?
First off, there is no flower (bud, green) available in NY State. What is available are:
- THC by mouth: tinctures, lozenges, powders, capsules, sprays
- THC by vape: vape cartridges
- THC lotions
We recommend that our patients get their CBD from reliable sources, but not at NYS dispensaries due to cost. Check out the Jake Noir website
for CBD products that we have vetted and approve. Jake Noir can ship to all 50 states and sells to our patients and the general public.
We have developed strategies to get great outcomes for our patients:
- over 2/3 of our chronic pain patients get good or better pain relief
- over 4/5 of our PTSD patients have significant decrease of their PTSD symptoms
The people who get these great results are the people who are doing the work that is needed. We will ask you to:
- get the products that we recommend
- use them according the schedule we give you
- keep a diary of any changes in your sleep, pain, mood etc
- call us every 1-2 weeks so we can adjust your medical cannabis dosing based on your own results
If we work together we can usually get your treatment tuned in to you after 6-8 weeks. If you do the work, you get the results.Interested?
Just fill out our New Patient Information form (HERE
) and we will contact you.